5 Small, Simple Ways to Keep the Romance Alive Keeping the romance alive can happen through small, simple gestures like theseÖ BY YANA GERMAN
Keeping the spark alive requires a little effort and attention.
“ Whether itís going to a wine tasting, cooking class or karaoke, the key is to try something you havenít done before.”
As we settle into the fall season and say goodbye to our summer vacations and the romance of summer date nights on a terrace, it becomes a little bit harder to think of ways to keep the romance going. As the temperatures drop, we are less inspired to go out; school starts and we get involved into our childrenís school lives and there just seems to be no time left for you and your loved one.
Here are five tips that will help you keep the romance alive and turn your daily routine into a scene from a romance movie.
1. Small gestures. We often hear how hard it is to keep the romance alive in our busy lives. Some romantic gestures only take a second. Whether itís a hug before heading out to work, a light brush on the shoulder or a wink while doing chores at home, donít forget to send love signals to your significant other.
2. Plan a date night. It doesnít have to be a fancy dinner or a sold-out concert. Couples who laugh together stay together. Experiencing new things with your loved one is a great way to bond and make memories. Whether itís going to a wine tasting, cooking class or karaoke, the key is to try something you havenít done before.
3. Surprise your loved one with a love note. While getting an expensive watch or new diamond earrings might be very pleasant and surprising, the romance can be found in simple things. Note cards with one word or a short phrase expressing your love is a great of way of surprising someone. Place it on the night stand, hide it in his/her wallet or even lunch box. The surprise element will make your loved one happy. We live in a world of technology where texting is so common that at times we forget how a handwritten note can express a deeper meaning.
4. Learn your significant otherís love language. If your husband is a big fan of golf, go and watch a golf tournament with him. Does your wife love watching romantic comedies on Netflix? Then cuddle with her on a couch and let her enjoy her favorite things with you by her side. Romance is in understanding and respecting the otherís interests, which paves the road to success.
5. Use eye contact. Turn off your cell phone and have some quality time with your loved one. Itís so common for couples to talk while one is doing the dishes and another one is doing something else in a different room. Maintaining eye contact while you speak with your loved one will allow you both to be present and aware of the moment. It can be surprisingly intimate.
With more than 20 years of combined experience in working as a runway coach and body language and image expert, Yana German is truly a leader in her industry. Famous for her signature walk and approach towards building self confidence by adjusting oneís walk and posture Yana helps people by fixing what she sees on the outside to inflict change on the inside. When Yana is not travelling for work or consulting her clients, she is working on her first book or exploring nature with her husband and two beautiful daughters.