Choosing the Right Halloween Party
Choosing where you'll celebrate Halloween together can be a scary decision. Here's how to pick the best place to party.
Kids aren’t the only ones who have fun on Halloween. This is the only time of year you’re allowed to dress as scary—or as sexy—as you want. It’s also a fun way to enjoy a night out together by transforming yourselves into completely different people, just for one night.
Picking the perfect Halloween party to show off your costumes isn’t easy—these days it seems everyone throws a spooky bash. Whether you’re hitting a house party or visiting your favorite downtown haunt, here are some tips for choosing the best place to party on Halloween night.
Halloween House Party
Not all parties are created equal. Some hosts like to throw outrageous get-togethers, complete with DJs, dancing and fully stocked bars, while others like to take a simpler approach. Pick the party you’ll both feel most comfortable.
* If getting crazy is on your agenda, go for the all-night rager. Plan ahead by taking a taxi or assigning a designated driver; your his-and-hers plug and socket costume won’t be as amusing when you’re sitting in jail.
* If you prefer sipping your beverage from real glassware rather than plastic cups, go with the more mellow party. Visiting with friends is always more fun when glitter and wigs are involved.
* If you each want to attend different parties, compromise by spending half the night at one friend’s house, and the other half at a different party. And there’s always next year—promise to spend next Halloween at the party you didn’t attend this year.
Halloween Bar Celebration
Adults love dressing up just as much as the little guys, and business owners know that. Lots of bars and clubs throw Halloween-themed events to attract trick-or-drinkers.
* Some establishments celebrate early (like the weekend before) and some celebrate on Halloween night. Call ahead so you’re not the only couple in the bar sporting wigs and face makeup.
* Pick a costume that’s not too bulky. You won’t make many friends by hitting them in the face with your wings or knocking their drink over with one of your eight spider legs.
* Avoid masks or heavy costumes in super crowded bars. You’ll quickly become too hot and sweaty to have any fun.
Whatever you choose to do, make the most of the night and have fun. Remember: The couple that plays together, stays together.